Happy Chinese New Year! What better way to celebrate than to have a new blogskin to go with the celebrations! *grins* Chose a Paris theme since Feb is the month for love! ♥♥♥
Well, Chinese New Year is one my favourite holiday of the year other than Christmas! I especially love reunion dinner, coz I love my mom's cooking! The dishes vary every year but the must haves would be the mushroom with 'fa cai', prawns, fish and soup. Sometimes, it'll be steamboat, depending on my mom's mood ;) Here's our spread this year:

Our reunion dinner is usually the day before CNY and kept within the family coz on the first and second day of CNY, we always have another reunion lunch/dinner with the rest of our relatives. I love house visiting coz it's such a joyous affair! The only thing that irks me just a little is when the elders asked when I'm getting married...omg, I will let you know when that happens, thank you. Heh, it happens, the next thing they'll ask you when you get married is when you'll have kids...*winks*
Anyways, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last updated my blog! Been so busy I hardly had the time to write my blog.
Remember I lost my cardholder? Well, careless me dropped it at the Fox shop at Bugis. The shop attendant called me to say someone found my cardholder and left it with the cashier. When I picked it up, I realized my ezlink and cash were missing but hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just happy to get it back!
Work wise, it's been busy then it's time for relaxation. We just went for a station's retreat at this resort called "Indigo Pearl" in Phuket last weekend! It's really a nice resort, managed to snap some pics using my handphone (sigh...my digicam went bonkers, I just bought a new ipod so a new one will have to wait). Doesn't the pics look great? Just like the ones you'll see in a mag *lol*:

I love the bathroom the most, it's big and spacious! The bed is so comfy I can stay in bed all day! Only thing is the pillows are way too soft til Jam (my roomie) & I had to ask for firmer pillows! Most of us had the pool villa where the room comes with a small private pool. There's an outdoor bathtub, rest area and chairs for sun tanning! The room is great although the service is not as great, there were a couple of hiccups along the way coz they don't speak English well. But it's all small ones, overall, it's a great place to stay! It's just 5 mins away from the airport but almost 45 mins to an hour to Patong area.
We had dinner at this restaurant called "The Secret Cliff" on the first day, it's near Patong so we had to travel about 50 mins to get to the restaurant and the same duration back! The food was quite nice, probably becoz we're hungry by then. After dinner, we had a round of uno and 'heart attack' in one of the girls' room.
Second day was beach games, it was so hot we lasted only about 2 hours before we all head back to the resort's pool. Dinner was at this Thai restaurant within the resort (I can't remember the name). It's surprisingly quite cheap and I find the food much nicer than The Secret Cliff. After dinner, it was fun & games in one of the girls' room.
Third day was free and easy, Ade, Yati, Jam & I went for massage at this small shop just right outside the resort. I had the back, neck and shoulder massage and it cost only 400 baht! We were all given S$100 to spend on food and massage, woohoo! After massage, we all went to Patong for shopping! We went to the shopping mall, had KFC for lunch and spread out to do some shopping. I bought some food stuff and toiletries from Boots! Only Jam, Yati, FD and I stayed on at Patong to walk the night market while the rest went back to the resort. FD was so sweet to accompany us as he's worried about us ladies walking around and going back on our own! aww....
On the fourth day, we went for last minute massage before we had to leave the resort at 12noon. I did a facial treatment coz I'm still a little sore from the previous day massage, don't think I can stand the pain of another massage! The facial was great, my skin felt baby smooth after that! haha...
More pics posted on facebook.
It was a great trip although we all came back tired! I'm so glad I'm on leave till next Wed, time to recuperate from post holiday blues! ;P