Happiness comes with the simplest things in life Cornelia conniebae@gmail.com
♥ My Loves ♥
♥ travelling...my all time favourite country would be Japan. I do like Phuket for pure R&R and would like to go Europe soon, especially Paris!
♥ writing...my thoughts
♥ simple pleasures...a smile or a sms from the people I love, a simple hello in the morning, a nice cup of coffee in the morning, small little things that seem insignificant are always the things that make you happy.
♥ food...good food makes me happy and it doesn't necessarily have to be expensive.
♥ desserts & chocolates...who can resist!
Favourite Shows at the moment ...
Supernatural, The Legend
I had a great week, a friend was in town last Friday, I took leave on Monday and Tuesday to spend time with him as he's rarely in town. Flew back on Tuesday night, it was sad but the few days had been great. I hate sending off loved ones at the airport, never once have I left the airport with eyes dry. It's a love, hate relationship with the airport. If only...
Thursday was the final day of my First Aid course, after having been to 2 classes over the past 2 weeks. It was the most stressful class as we had to go through theory and practical tests! The practical was the most stressful as we were tested on our CPR skills. Argh! I actually missed out 2 steps during the test! I'm just glad the examiner was very understanding towards us. I passed by the way and scored 29/30 for my theory! Not bad yar? ;)
After all of us had gone through our practical test (it was one by one by the way, with the last few 2 by 2), the examiner told us that he noticed most of us were nervous and that he could understand because there were a few doctors that he had tested who couldn't even perform CPR, so let alone us. He even encountered a doctor who was so nervous his hands were shaking when doing CPR! He also shared with us his past experiences; he had never managed to save anyone in time, not because he's not good but it had always been a case of being too late...when someone collapses and stops breathing, it's critical that CPR is being performed immediately, if not, chances are the person will not survive. In most situations, by the time the family member stops panicking, calls for the ambulance and waits for the paramedics to arrive, it's usually all too late. I never realize that one will be brain dead if oxygen is not supplied to the brain in 4 minutes! I've learned a great deal from the course and realize the importance of having first aid knowledge. The burning question in my head now is will I have the courage to apply my first aid skills in a real live accident? I can only hope I'll be strong when it happen and not faint at the sight of blood!
I was surfing the itunes store last week and came across this song "Black & Gold" by Sam Sparro which I absolutely love right now!:
Another song that I love right now by Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"